Basic Function of Position
- The Information Assistant (IA) helps to implement the Mission’s communication strategies, helping to promote US Government policies, programs, officials and speakers in traditional and social media. Serves as primary content creator and editor of the Consulate’s web page and works with Information Assistant (position # 310612 A73 040), Information Specialist (position # 310612 A73 041), and the Information Officer to develop content for the Mission’s social media channels. Drafts daily media summaries, creates Mission Activity Tracker (MAT) entries, contributes to Weekly Activity Reports and drafts memos as tasked.
- Education: University degree in communication, international relations or journalism is required.
- Experience: Experience in journalism or public relations or any related field is required.
- Language (This will be tested): Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required; Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of Portuguese is required.
- Job Knowledge: Knowledge of American and Brazilian political, economic, media, social, educational and cultural history and trends.
- Skills and Abilities (This will be tested): Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point), experience with Internet, as well as web design, web navigation, web research, with emphasis in media information gathering; Must be proficient text editor and oral/written translation from English to Portuguese and from Portuguese to English; Skilled in use of social media.
How to Apply:
- Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered: Universal Application for Employment (UAE), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources; Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
Where to Apply:
- Human Resources Office: Eliana Branco
- Submit with vacancy title: Information Assistant
- E-mail Address: [email protected]
Local: São Paulo, SP